Sunday, March 28, 2010

Flourless Chocolate-Strawberry Cupcakes

This is a great recipe but I made one mistake with it.  I put too much in each muffin cup.  I made 6 cupcakes but I should have spread it out between 8 cups.  Mine took forever to bake because of the mass.

Flourless Chocolate-Strawberry Cupcakes

Ingredients:
3/4 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup margarine

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 large eggs

12 strawberries (I used frozen but fresh would be better, in my opinion.)

Method:

Preheat oven to375 degrees F.

Place 8 paper muffin liners into muffin tin.

Melt chocolate and margarine in saucepan over low heat. (Stir occasionally.)

Mix sugar and cocoa in medium bowl.

Add eggs and combine.

The chocolate mixture should have cooled down some and can be added to the egg mixture.  Mix well.

Place 1 strawberry in the bottom of each muffin compartment.

Place batter, no more than 3/4 cup high into each muffin tin over the strawberry.

Add another strawberry on top, pushing it down.

To avoid drippage, I suggest putting the muffin tin on a cookie sheet or placed into a lasagna sized pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until a sharp knife placed in center, comes out dry.




Enjoy!


I linked this to Cupcake Tuesdays and Our Krazy Kitchen and Pennywise Platter Thursday.  See for yourself, what they have to offer.  I think you will be pleased.

5 comments:

  1. Wowow ...u find tin foils for muffins too....this flourless cake is super luscious ....
    any delicious accidents here ?
    and i love love love chocolate paired with strawberries....i wanna try the choco lava too with strawberries:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me! I tried a new strawberry recipe today and ended up tossing it out. There was no saving it, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such an itch for chocolate right now that I want to dig right into those. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Love chocolate and strawberries together! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday! I hope you will join us again soon!
    ~Liz@HoosierHomemade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.