Monday, August 23, 2010

Honey Wheat Cookies TWD

Tuesday comes and with it, usually, a good bake because it is Tuesdays with Dorie.  For anyone who does not have her book  below, this is the best baking book, I have and I have some great ones.  I use this the most, though.  Besides baking with the group, I  use it, as my go to book, when I am planning on baking.

I decided, my husband would enjoy this week's pick, by Michelle of Flourchild, honey wheat cookies on page 81 and also found on Michelle's blog.  The only problem is that he has celiac and can have absolutely, not a speck of gluten.  That is why I have my other blog, http://comfycook.wordpress.com/, which is gluten-free.

After, more than fifteen years, I have come up with my own changes to make these recipes work.  I changed the recipe to use my own gluten free flour mix and I used ground nuts for the wheat germ.  Not knowing what the cookie, is supposed to look for, I am curious as to how different mine is.

The most important part is that he liked these....... a lot.

Linked to Friday Fix

20 comments:

  1. I have been loving honey in baked goods lately! You are such a master of gluten free cooking, it's insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty darn close I'd say! I actually thought about subbing in Kamut flour and using agave. Maybe another time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookie looks really good to me! I love nuts in/on my cookies. Fun stopping by to visit with you!

    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good at gluten free baking. These sounds like a real treat with the nuts and the honey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I passed this week but I'm glad you found something your hubby liked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. they look so ncie and wholesome . great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder he liked them so much, they look delicious! I think pecans would be even better than wheat germ. Great tweaks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are able to change the recipes so your hubby can enjoy them. Your cookies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look just like mine, which weren't GF. Glad your husband liked them
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOu are such a great wife to change recipes and bake for your husbands dietary needs. Im so glad he liked these cookies. They look great!
    Thank you for baking with me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to try to convert all these recipes to gluten-free. Good job and they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you for making it work. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's great that you were able to make these work and that your husband liked them! They look like they turned out just as they should have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks great.
    We have be creative when we are gluten intolerant.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How nice of you to make these gluten free and looks like they worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Admire all that you accomplish with your two blogs and cooking things so that others can enjoy them...Kudos to you! The cookies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay so glad you were able to dance around this recipe and make something your hubz loved. That is so awesome. As Amanda mentioned Kamut flour is really nice and I've read folks with celiac disease are more able to tolerate it. Do ;you use it?
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job adapting the recipe. They look great. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done! Love to see gluten free recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.