Sunday, February 7, 2010

Crash Hot Potato - Pioneer Woman

Foodie Fans of the Pioneer Woman have a wild card, this week.  This leaves the playing field open to what we want to make.  I always check out potatoes first.  I love potatoes in all forms and shapes.  This was another dish to have fun with.  I love the bashing of food, some hidden desire, in my depths to beat up something.  I pick on potatoes.

I find that many of the Pioneer Woman's recipes are easy to make, this one included.

Crash Hot Potatoes

Ingredients

5 whole medium potatoes


1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil


Kosher Salt To Taste


Black Pepper To Taste


Garlic powder to taste

Oregano  to taste


Method:


Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.


On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.


With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes, rotate the potato masher 90 degrees and mash again. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil.


Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and spices.

 
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.

These were as delicious as I expected.  Mine got the garlic.  Hubby got the oregano.


14 comments:

  1. I too love potatoes and a good bashing! Sounds like a fun and tasty recipe. I'll keep this in mind for future FFPW roundups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ree! I made these potatoes the other night, along with her Grilled Rib Eye with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce AND the Rosemary Rolls. Fabulous dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again! I just posted a comment on Have the Cake about joining. It sounds like fun, and, it's just one thing for a whole month. My kind of group! Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I am glad you are joining us at Have the Cake. It is a great group, low key, selecting our own recipe for the project, nice people and a good sharing. I am sure you will enjoy yourself and you will be a great addition to the group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm I love potatoes...and these look awesome! I gotta give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love potatoes... it's very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't these great? A true Texas favorite. Grams always called them garlic smashers. Personally I think she loved taking out her frustrations on the potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is DEFINITELY something satisfying about smashing food. And kneading bread for that matter. Gets out your aggression like nothing else can!

    These look awesome. Ree never fails to make me salivate (and neither do you).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've made these potatoes several times and we just LOVE them. I add rosemary...soo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely. May have this tomorrow with some meatloaf! kitchenbutterfly.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made these back in the summer and they were delicious. Most of her recipes are really really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am making gluten free stuffed chicken brests. These sound like a great addition. Thank you!
    Live Laugh and Enjoy!
    Fire-Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds great.
    Potatoes are a favorite of mine.
    Have a Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love potatoes at this house. What an easy and tasty recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.