Friday, February 19, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Paula Deen - My Girl Paula

This week, we are free to select any recipe, we would like so, of course, I picked chocolate chip cookies for My Girl Paula.  Last week was Dorie's recipe, which I loved but the best is still from King Arthur, in my  opinion.  These are also delicious cookies and they look good.  I don't think, I would walk past a tray of these, and not indulge.

I am making these for a family party which tells you how good they are and how many I made.  I have a carton, on my dining room table, filled with cookies.  I also made a chocolate fudgy cookie and out of this world brownies.  My husband got gluten free pecan cookies.

I am about to continue baking.  Let's see what is next,  This is a whole week of baking.  You can find out why here.  This is pure fun and you are going to be involved in the baking and if I remember to take photos, you can join in the fun.
Ingredients: 

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons baking soda

3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 large eggs

1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup vegetable shortening (I happened to have some in the house and I used it, to get rid of it.  I don't use shortening.  Next time, I will use oil.)

1 cup (2 sticks) margarine, softened

1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup milk chocolate morsels
3 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped

1 cup almond brickle chips


Method:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Lightly grease baking sheets.

With an electric mixer, beat butter and shortening at medium speed until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until fluffy.

Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.                         

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.

Stir in chocolate chips

Drop cookies by 1/4 cupfuls about 3-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
Read below.

Bake for 11 to 12 minutes***, or until lightly browned.

 Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool.

***Servings: 3 dozen  (I made these using the teaspoon cookie scooper so I got a lot more than three dozen.  I started checking at 8 minutes and took them out between 9 - 11 minutes.  I checked the bottom of the cookies and if they started to brown, lightly, I took them out.)








6 comments:

  1. Hullo my sweet Chaya.....howdya do?
    I love all ur chocolate chippys babes and love ur ingredient pictures-u know i think my google reader aint updating my blog in blog lists?
    Is the post i added last night showing in ur reader sweetie?
    DOnt know how to fix it-tried loads of googling away but didn get concrete solution....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chocolate chip cookies! And I bet Paula Deen's recipe is just excellent. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like they turned out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great cookie! I think I need to try the King Arthur cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cookies look just perfect Chaya! I'm craving some now - it's been too long since I made any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look wonderful. I mean, how can you go wrong with chocolate chippers?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.