Monday, January 4, 2010

Update - and Cake in a Mug

I have talked about my class time and again because they mean so much to me.   I decided to share with you their reaction to the Intense Chocolate Cookies from a few days ago.

These cookies look similar to the Chewy cookies I love so much.  They are extra chocolaty (that is a made up word)but, as far as I am concerned, they are delicious chewy ones are much better.

I brought them in for my class today and they said, "they are just the tiniest bit less than the chewy ones but almost as good."  They must be a success.


HappyDay

While talking to them about cookies, I mentioned the cake in a mug and they went crazy.  "Bring one for each of us," 

"Oh, you don't have enough mugs.  Bring the cake, please, please, please."

"Then bring the mug."

I can't quite figure out why the mug but I ended up agreeing on pictures.

I love those kids.

Now for the mug and its miracle cake.

Five Minute Mug Cake  I have submitted this to Tasty Tuesdays.

I have seen this in pumpkin and in chocolate.  I chose the chocolate.  I want to make hubby the pumpkin with gluten free-flour.

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa (meant for baking)
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk (Rice Dream)
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
Don't forget the coffee mug

Ads dry ingredients to the empty mug.  Whisk.

Add egg and mix well.

Pour in milk and oil and mix.

Add chocolate chips and extract and mix, once again.

Cook for four minutes on high.  This will depend on your microwave.

Turn over onto plate.

When cooler, cut in half horizontally.

Place a tablespoon or a bit more on bottom piece.  Place top piece on cream.

Drip ganache over top.

Top this with blog of whipped cream and gently make a design.

It took a little longer because I made a whipped cream filling and a chocolate ganache.

Whipped Cream - With an electric mixer, I whipped up a container of whipped topping - non dairy.  Cut the cake in two and put whipped cream with chocolate crumbs and some ganache running through it, as a filling.

Ganache- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 tablespoons margarine, cut into four pieces
1/4 cup whipping cream

Chop the chocolate.
Let margarine stand at room temperature.
Microwave whipping cream till hot.
Put half of cream in small bowl.
Place chocolate pieces in cream and mix until smooth,
Add the remaining cream and pieces of margarine.
Mix gently until mixed.
Let stand to thicken.

Eat - you may be surprised how good it tastes.


10 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading about ur class so muc..cute...and this cake is totally bookmarked...would have loved to make it right away but have no cream and wouldn want it w/o the ganache...want the whole package jus as u made it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen mug cakes before, but not loaded up with all the extras you've got - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this looks sooooooooooooooo decadent and scrumptious! I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't these just a hoot! Individual cakes that makes the recipient feel special and pampered. Well done. And boy is your class fortunate to have you as a teacher. You're teaching more than the three R's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my LORD, you're trying to kill me. I'm convinced. You are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is that! You added so many goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Thanks for linking up! Don't forget to come back and vote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!! You one the People's Choice award! Head on over to claim your prize button!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.