Monday, January 11, 2010

Sounds Healthy?

Brown Rice with Roasted Peppers and More


Ingredients:

1 tsp olive oil

1/4 red onion, diced

1/2 zucchini, diced

1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed

1-2 cloves of garlic, minced

1 handful grape tomatoes, halved

1/2 bottle of roasted red peppers (marinated)  Cut then into smaller pieces.

2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped 

1-2 tsp chicken bouillon granules

1 teaspoon soy sauce

1 cup of whole grain instant brown rice, prepared per instructions

Method:


Prepare the rice per instructions adding bouillon granules to the water, set aside.

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.

Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until soft.

Add the corn and zucchini and cook for an additional 3 minutes.

Stir in the halved grape tomatoes, roasted peppers and parsley, sauté for 1 minute or until tomatoes almost wilt.

Combine vegetable mixture with rice mixture and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.

Add the soy sauce.  Use more if you would like.  Mix everything.

Enjoy.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds healthy and looks delicious!

    Thank you for dropping by my blog and introducing yourself, now, it is I who wants to take a look around. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and much more indeed...

    Looks awesome... i would add a smoked kielbasa, but I would not turn it down as is!!!

    great posts, lots of extras in it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is basically chock full of all the things I love! So so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely sounds healthy...and delicious! I love all the veggies in here, I think I have most of them in my fridge/pantry...I think I know what I'm having for dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! I love all the colors and all those veggies served over rice- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is full of flavor! What a great find your blog is! Thank you for your sweet comment so I could find this AMAZING blog! Happy cooking for us! Please stop by if you have a chance to enter in my giveaway!
    Kasha
    http://www.grubandstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful! I love all the veggies in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ocourse it sounds healthy...alongwith nutricious and delicious and a platefull of flavoursome goodness....

    ReplyDelete
  9. am wondering if the little note i jus left went thru...my laptop jus hung...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you know how much I love rice? No. Well, I love it, love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i feel brighter and better just reading this! Absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet that's really flavorful, Chaya. I love all the ingredients. Any leftovers would go great in some soup, too. ;-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.