Friday, January 15, 2010

So Silly to Blog This

This is a two minute recipe but it is oh, so good.  I have a bunch of variations, decided on the moment.  The photo is of the easiest and fastest, which is why I made it, this particular time.  I was running late for school, and I knew I had to get some food into me.  It was one of those moments that nothing appealed to me until I saw tomatoes, sitting on the counter.  What I, immediately thought of, was a grilled cheese sandwich but that would take too long.  I had about two minutes to make this and eat it.

A memory popped into my mind.  In tomato season, I have all kinds of tricks for tomatoes and this is one of them.

2 tomatoes, sliced
choices: chopped onions, chopped scallions, baco bits, chopped green pepper
mozzarella cheese - amount left to your discretion.

Now for the really HARD part.

On a plate, lay out sliced tomatoes.
Place whatever addition, you want.  I used baco bits.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
Place in microwave oven for two minutes or until cheese is melted.
Enjoy.  It is delicious yet simple.

14 comments:

  1. You crack me up! :-) It's not silly at all. I'm now looking forward to trying it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha,no i dont find it silly at all ,infact its cute and on second thoughts a great breaflast motivation for hurry curry .....u know how the mornings get at times....hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. why silly? This is a wonderful dish,

    Tomatoes are almost the only thing I add salt to, other than that, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post! In my opinion it is never too silly to post anything. You can inspire people with even the simplest of things.

    Great recipe. Tried and true and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not silly at all! I would of never thought of it and can't wait to try it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! This would be great to link up to Simple Saturday this weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it sounds delicious and not silly to post. GREAT use for tomatoes for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. And a great start to your work day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a easy way to dress up tomatoes i will have to remeber this when im trying to empress my mother in law :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great recipe, Chaya! It's definitely not silly at all...I think that going back to basics is wonderful! I have never thought about making tomatoes like this, but I can assure you I will be trying this very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not much of a tomato eater, but I've made a similar recipe that I like once in a while. It's nice to share really easy recipes. Sometimes people just don't think about it. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.