Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Marshmallow Fluff Madelines

Host - Margo of Effort to Deliciousness 
Recipe - Fluff-Filled Chocolate Madeleines on pages 170-171 of Baking From My Home To Yours.




How lucky I am, my madeline pan arrived last week!  There is something graceful about the madeline's shape.  It is exciting to use a new pan and I looked forward to this recipe until the time came to make it.  I then thought of every excuse not to make it.  It looked overwhelming to me although it is an easy recipe.  The truth is that I was tired and anything would have been overwhelming.  I had all the ingredients sitting on my counter and I slowly returned each one to its proper place.  OK, this week, I would just have to skip Dorie.

I am not sure how many of you feel so much of TWD that you do not want to miss a week, if at all possible.  That's me.  I love baking from the book and I love baking with the baking gals and guys.  Here, I am with my madelines.  Made them when I was not tired and they went like the wind.  I am glad I came through and my class is going to be even more happy about it.

These are a chocolate cookie filled with a bit of marshmallow fluff and dipped into chocolate ganache.  Doesn't that sound yummy?  I am so glad, I decided to make these.
Extra ganache...


7 comments:

  1. U can tick one of ur resolutions off , ur pics are already so muc better and am loving it:-)
    Am so glad u made these too and im looking forward to these too!
    + i have to break in my madl pan too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very innovative ,marshmalows...fantastic dish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! These posts are making me want to buy a Madeleine pan from Sur La Table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanted to make these, but I didn't find any extra energy like you did. They are on my rewind list now.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try these Chaya. I'm going to check out that link, my son love marshmallow and I chocolate. That constitutes a double play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for baking with me, the madeleines look yummy! I feel the same way about TWD, I never want to miss a week, despite sometimes not having the energy and having too many desserts around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look tasty. Mine were like blobs, but tasted good. I HAVE to get a pan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.