Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chocolate Oatmeal Almost-Candy Bars - TWD

Tuesdays with Dorie had a treat in store, for us, this week, Chocolate Oatmeal Almost Candy Bars.  It was selected by Lillian of Confectiona’s Realm who has great taste.  Even though, I could not use the condensed milk, called for in the recipe, it turned out beautifully.  Of course, I have no idea what it would taste like, done properly, but my guess is, it would be delicious, rich and creamy and sweet and delightful.

Check out TWD for the other bloggers and see the results.  





Eat At Home

9 comments:

  1. Well, milk or no, I think your bars look great (and that also saved on a few calories!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bars look delish. I love to see how other bakers adapt recipes to suit their needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yours look awesome! the chocolate layer looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! What did you use instead of the condensed milk? I thought of replacing it with heavy cream, not that that would be any healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to know that the condensed milk can be optional. Your bars look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What did you use or did you, for the condensed milk. Your bars look great.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. For those of you who asked what I used instead of the condensed milk, I didn't use anything. I did put in one tablespoon of Rice Milk and decided that was not a good idea. It came out just fine without the condensed milk and with no replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. Thanks for sharing your results with Save Room for Dessert, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.