Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Have An Award With Breakfast

Check out award after breakfast photos, please.

As the years go by, I realize that breakfast is my favorite meal.  That may have something to do with my love for eggs, pancakes, cheese, and potatoes.  Take those and mix and match and one has dozens of interesting and tasty breakfasts.  Oops, forgot the lox and coffee cake and the coffee, oh the coffee.


This is a quick dish and it filled with flavor and a hearty way to start the day,

Hash browns with lox and onions mixed with eggs seems to have everything.  I am not sure if I have a final photograph so please picture this with eggs.  You could also make it, into an omelet, filling the egg with this mixture.  Brown hash browns and onions and lox.  Put lox in last.  Cover with eggs and cook until done.
















   This is not my photo but I don't have time to look for coffee cake and coffee cake is delicious in the A.M.  You may notice, I don't eat cereal.

I am ever grateful to Debbie from Dining with Debbie, otherwise known as Our Crock-pot Foodie.  I think crock-pot and I think Debbie.  If I have not cooked anything in a crock-pot, that week, the image of Debbie comes to mind and I sit down seeking out a recipe.  You would think Debbie is an ogre but in reality, she is a very nice lady with kind words for all of us.  She also has a great blog with yummy recipes.  Leave her some of your crock-pot goodies or get some from her blog, to try them out.

I am supposed to tell you ten things about myself but I feel like I have bored you enough in other posts.  I will tell you somethings about my blogging life and what it means to me.

I have been blogging since July.
I started with Chaya's Comfy Cook Blog and then started this blog, a month later, late July, I believe.
I don't know why I started blogging but there was something warm and giving about the Foodie community that called to me.
I began as a gluten free blogger because my husband has celiac.
I realized, I wanted to cook and bake normal food and share it here so I began Sweet and Savory says it All.
I have become a better cook and baker since I have been blogging and try out new foods more readily.
I have gotten over my fear of certain baking "feats".
I have bought some nice baking pans which I lived without for a long time and didn't suffer for it.
I am learning to take photographs.
I have met wonderful, caring people who I consider friends.

Recently, I have been meeting bloggers new to me and if I understand it, correctly, I am to give this Sugar Doll Award to ten of them.  It is hard to limit this to ten bloggers but I will do my best and keep the others for another time.  How thankful we can be for each other.

First, there is Tamy, my new boss, at Our Krazy Kitchen, a place you really should go to.  Monday is my day to host and I would love to see you there and the other hosts will welcome you  the rest of the week.  Tamy has her own blog, Three sides of Crazy which you will also enjoy.  Tamy is innovative and has other online places to share with you.

Then, there is Sugar at Vanillastrawberryspringfields   She is exuberant and colorful and you won't believe the decorating and baking she does.  It is a treat to view her blog with her fantastic baking. 

Then there is Faith from Thought 4 Food.  What can I say about her. Anything is inadequate.  She is so special and caring and deserves our respect.  If you have not been to her blog, please get over there.  It is a masterpiece.

A very new friend is Jeanette from Starting Over.  She has a fabulous sense of humor which she shares with us.  She has beautiful tablescapes and the nicest smile in Bloggerville.  She is contagious.

Krista is a new friend who feels like an old friend.  I discovered her blog, I think, by landing there and was absolutely enthralled with her writing.  She is good.  Her blog is Rambling Tart.  If you want to meet a talented person and read a fabulous blog, drop over there.  Enjoy.

Rebecca of Chow and Chatter is a health conscious blogger who I respect and like very much.  She teaches a great deal on her blog and has the most interesting articles.  Get on over there and get healthy and also get some really good recipes.

Kirsten from Cake, Batter and Bowl makes the greatest treats.  I just found puff pastry filled with pumpkin.  She always has something wonderful like this.  Take a look and let me know how many recipes you want to make.  You can't count that high?????

Jessi and Michael from Chef Fresco are favorites.  Look at their blog and you will understand why it takes two, to make it as beautiful and tasty, as it is.  From what I understand, the design is his field of expertise and they  both cook and do it well.  I am sure they will straighten me out, if I messed it up.

Lauren is Celiac Teen who has tremendous maturity as well as excellence in her cooking and baking skills, is also a doll.  What we can learn from youth and their wisdom.

I have known Barbara a bit longer than others but I very much want to get to know her better.  There is a charm about her that grabs you.  She also cooks.  I refuse to tell you what her latest recipe is but it is a winner.  So get over there, Barbara Bakes.

I am taking bets that anyone who knows Amy from Simply Sugar and Gluten Free, likes her.  Amy and I met on Mondays and now we meet on Tuesdays.  You can meet her on Tuesdays also at Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays and who doesn't want to indulge at least a little.  Go on over and get to know this truly wonderful gal.

I am going to end with a most special lady who gives herself to the gluten-free world and I mean world.  She also seems to have all the answers and gives them out readily.  This is Shirley of Gluten Free Easily.

I am too tired to re-read this so please forgive me for any errors.  It is hard limiting the wonderful bloggers in our lives.  You might even notice, I can't count, or, I could not leave out one of these people.  Please, get to know them.  You will be happier and enriched for it.  I again thank Debbie for the opportunity to share these people with you and for the award.
If you want to see beauty, stop by Michelle's and see all her work.  This is one talented lady.

21 comments:

  1. looks great isn't blogging great so happy your enjoying it like me

    happy new year love Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. strange I didn't see my name when I read this post just added to my blog, thanks so so much love Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. OmiGod ,i hopped in here to drool over the elicious potatoes...they are super and look what i got...the most fantastic takeaway ever and anAWARD...i am actually jumping here...its my first and Chaya u wont believe how thrilled i am and all i can do is give u a poohyyyyy hug (whch is tite ,warm and topped w love)and a heartfull of gratitude....
    Oh la la.....
    And honestly i dont know how to go about this one ...what do i do next....sorry to give ya some more trouble....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading the way u wrote about each one..so cutely...
    And im always in awe of ur gluten free cooking n ur hubby is one blessed man having u cooking up a delicious gluten free healthy storm for him and ur class mus love u2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great breakfast roundup.. Congrats on your award.. nice mention of the other blogs, Ill have to check them out. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love breakfast as well. Especially hash browns. And coffee cake. All of your pictures look DELICIOUS!

    Congrats on the award, I loved reading your ten facts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, thank you, dear Chaya!! I was happily reading along through your blog, enjoying those fabulous ideas and loving learning more about you when I spotted my name!! You are a luv and totally made my day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chaya, you are the sweetest thing! Congrats on your award, it is well deserved =D. I loved learning more and more about you!

    Thank you for passing it on to me, I loved seeing why you chose everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your award! Thanks so much for passing the award on to me! You're such a sweetheart! I love breakfast too! Especially, the donuts and coffeecakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on that lovely award. Chaya, I am so honored. Your sweet words mean so much to me. Thank you so much for passing your beautiful award on to me!

    P.S. I could happily eat breakfast for any meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award! You are so prolific in your cooking and writings, the award is well earned. I like breakfast too, but love to have lunch or brunch the best, I think, eating our large meal mid day and a light meal at night (fewer calories to sleep on, grins).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh! I lost my comment! I just wanted to say that I just found your blog and love it! Looking forward to reading more! I also think your blog award nominee summaries are so sweet! I follow Chow and Chatter (fellow RD, of course), but I'll have to check out the others!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love breakfast too and I'm a huge L.E.O. (lox, eggs and onions) from growing up in NY. Will definitely try it with the hash browns mixed in. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oLA CHAYA,have jus blogged about ur award u gave me!!!
    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my stars, I was reading and there was my name! Thank you so much. I am a breakfast and brunch girl myself so I was drooling into the keys and there was my name. You are so sweet. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chaya--Back home from vacation, so playing catch-up. How absolutely delightful to follow your comment to your blog and find this award! But, first congrats on your award--you ARE a sugar doll, dear! Love all the breakfast photos (I love breakfast, too ... just not at breakfast time--had an awesome crab, spinach, red onion, Swiss Cheese omelet on vacation), love learning more about you/your blogs' history, and love all the write-ups on the award recipients--must check them all out for sure! I am so very grateful to you, Chaya, for my award and the super sweet words you wrote about me. I am honored and humbled, truly. Thank you, Chaya!

    Happy 2010 and many hugs!

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, thanks so much Chaya! I somehow completely missed that you have two blogs and just subscribed to this one too :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think breakfast is about my favorite meal, too.

    I love how you speak so warmly of your blogging friends! It speaks volumes about you! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks fantastic... I have to go have breakfast now... Mmmmm
    I'm having a little New Years Give away too... stop by and enter if you get a chance...
    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm making this tonight. I have all the ingredients--I can't wait! It just looks hearty and soul satisfying.
    Have a great 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your award Chaya. I am so happy for you that your blogging has come so far in such a short time and led you to us over at OUR KrAzY kitchen. Thank you Chaya for giving me the award - what a sweet post. LOL though not your boss - how about coordinator? Seriously though, I absolutely adore breakfast and though I have never been a fan of lox I will try it with this recipe as it looks delicious. Thank you for all the great new foodie sites to check out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.