Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Breakfast in a Tortilla


In the mornings, I throw foods together, as the moment moves me.  This morning, I planned on having an egg until I remembered the tortillas, I had.  I still had eggs. but I dressed them up a bit and placed them in the tortills.

Breakfast in a Tortilla

1 slice smoked salmon

2 eggs
2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
1 tortilla
Spray cooking oil

In a skillet, on a low flame, fry salmon until it slightly crisps (very slightly). 
Add the cream cheese and glop it around the pan for a few seconds. 
Add beaten eggs and mix with cheese and smoked salmon and cook while scrambling. 
When it is done, to your liking, remove it from skillet.  Stuff the tortilla with the egg mixture.
 Add onions, tomatoes, peppers or lettuce to the mix and you have a hearty meal.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That's what I call a serious breakfast! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious meal! I would enjoy this any time of day.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment. You have a terrific site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! Spontaneity so often results in great meals like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your breakfast looks delicious. Very creative way to enjoy your first mla of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots and lots of salmon gets devoured in your household :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my kind of breakfast. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic breakfast! I love smoked salmon to no end. And could eat it all the time. That pita looks so doughy and delicious. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love making a special breakfast treat for myself :D Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love breakfast sandwiches. This one looks pretty special with that beautiful salmon in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh Chaya, this looks so yummy LOL! Oh.. I want a bite! =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds delicious. I'm trying to figure out if that is pita bread or a home made tortilla. Is it gluten free?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, Sorry, the tortilla is AP flour. If you know how to make tortillas, you could do it. This was for me - not hubby. It was delicious.

    Off to my Chanukah party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.