Monday, December 28, 2009

Almond Softies


Sometimes, it amazes me how a cookie without flour can fool us.  I made some of those, last night, and they turned out to be a favorite for hubby.

Almond Softies

1 cup almond butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  In this case, the parchment paper is a must.
In a large mixing bowl, by hand, mix together almond butter, brown sugar, egg, baking soda and salt.
Add a few teaspoons of strawberry jelly or flavor of choice into batter and mix well.
Use small cookie scoop to make balls and place them on the parchment paper.  Space about one and half inches apart.  Flatten with spoon or hand. 
Place one almond on top of each cookie.  I left some plain.
Bake 12 minutes at 350 degrees.  If not golden brown at the edges, put back for another two minutes.
Do not remove from pan until cool.

While these are a little softer than regular cookies, it is not by very much.  They are nice to munch on.


I used two cookie sheets and got approximately 20 cookies.  These were delicious.  They are almost gone and actually, I haven't looked in two hours, they are probably GONE.  I will make these again if I have anything to say about it.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful cookies! i bet they are delicious!

    Best wishes for 2010!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chaya,thanx a ton for ur vote(bdw am back down to 32%)...
    Oh and ur compliment and honestly i think its u who bakes and cooks as well so beautifully and u really post so muc....and all delicious yet healthy stuff....
    And u know i love love love jewish cooking(if u read my babka post u'll know)though havent got down to exploring the wonderful world yet....
    Thanx a ton and am looking foward to a 2010 year os tons of ur deliciousness...
    And remember if u dont hear from me for awhile my laptop is bugging ok...i always look foward to ur next post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't the Nut Butters wonderful! I just started using them this year and I can say without a doubt my pantry will always have Nut Butters!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh yeah, I can definitely see me LUVING these big time. I'm hoping to reduce my consumption of floury goods this coming year. What a perfect way to start! I see this coming for a stay here real soon!! Thanks, Chaya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love almond flavor in any way that I can get it! i feel like almonds are the perfect flavoring for gluten-free cookies because you can use almond flour so it all pairs together perfectly! These look chewy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful photos... I love almond flavored anything, so worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect use for almond butter, Chaya! These look incredibly chewy. If you hadn't told us that there's no flour I never would have guessed that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They sound so very delicious, and how easy to make, almond butter sounds so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting.